Monday, March 29, 2010
One of the simplest ways to increase the value of your site and rank is to make sure your site search engine optimized (SEO). SEO is the process of improving your website so that your content appeals to the major search engines (like Google, Yahoo, and MSN) and also targeted to type the keywords you want to come to your site. Taking the time to improve your site SEO can improve your inlinks and pagelinks and also help you get more visitors who search your site content is offered. Here are some SEO techniques are very basic that can be applied immediately to improve your site:
1. Clean your page titles. As long as your site, the title of your page to say much about the content of the page. Ensure that a clear title, containing keywords for your pages, and also emphasizes the content of these pages. Also, remember that search engines use the title you have entered as a link when your site appears in search results. Make sure your title interesting enough and targeted enough to encourage people to click.
2. Use heading tags the way they were meant to be used. HTML markup in your pages, you have the option to set different levels of heading as H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, etc. These tags have a sort of hierarchy to them. H1 is more important than the H2 is more important than the H3 etc etc Use the actors in setting your page layout. Use your H1 to the text of the most important, like go to your page. Use the H2 for the next most popular, and so on. Do not over-well, thrifty title tags use only the content you post value (usually containing the keywords for your pages, too). 3. Take advantage of alt and title tags in URLs and images. When creating an image or link in your HTML, you have the option of including the URL and TITLE attributes in the ALT attributes to1 a picture. Use this field to add additional text about the link / image. This text is retrieved by the search engines and can add keywords to your page content.
4. Ensure available navigation at the top and bottom of all your pages. If you wish to search engines and your readers to find their way through your site, you should make it easy for them. Besides the standard navigation placed at the top of the page, consider placing it at the bottom of the footer. More and more ways Google can find your way through your site, the better your chance to get all your pages appear in their index.
5. Use mod_rewrite to clean badlink your web address. Using a tool known as the mod_rewrite, you can make big improvements to the URLs of the pages in your site. Instead of a URL that looks like: You can change http://www.mysite.com/goto.php?page=12345 to http://www.mysite.com/page/how-to-do-somthing. html. It's much easier for search engines to follow and can also contain keywords that can guide them to a better analysis of the content of your site contains. You can get details on how to work with mod_rewrite check this beginners tutorial.
6. Use keywords in your page address. add keywords to your page address can make a big difference. When you create your site structure, to remember. For example, if you have a site about the apple, rather than having a URL like: http://www.mysite.com/page/page1.html turn it into something like http://www.mysite.com/granny- smith / granny - smith-orchard-in-california.html in which the contents of the page a bit, represented by the page address.
7. Make sure you take advantage of meta tags like keywords and descriptions. Many sites often ignore meta tags. There are a large number of these tags you can add to your html pages to help provide a search engine better about what's on your site. Two particular tag, description and keywords tags, allowing you to write a description of each page and also a list of relevant keywords contained in your site. Use it on every page throughout your site.
8. Creating and maintaining a sitemap. If you want to Google or Yahoo to index your entire site, one of the best ways to do this is to tell them what your site pages. Sitemaps is a simple list of each page within your site. For more information, check the sitemap entry in Wikipedia. If you create and maintain a sitemap for your site, search engines will easily find all of your content.
9. Block duplicate content with a robots.txt. Duplicate content on the site can be really bad when it comes to ranking well in search engines. If the structure of your site generates a lot of duplicate content (eg, after the one-page summary of a blog and other full article), you can really be punished by Google for it. Using a robots.txt file, you can tell Google and search spiders that the content you want to read, and the content you want ignored.
10. Make sure your pages contain keywords that you want to rank more than others. While it may seem obvious, you'll be surprised how many people ignore this. If you have a page about the granny smith apple, and you want a high ranking for the phrase granny smith apples, you should really use those words often in the content of sites / pages. Do not exaggerate, but make sure it was clear to the computer algorithm to read your site (such as Google spider content) that the main context of a particular page granny smith apples.
These are just some simple ideas on how to optimize your site for search engines. For hundreds of other ideas like these and many others, that you can IMMEDIATELY put to use on your website and begin to see results, learn from people who know better by lifting SEOBook in SEOBook.com. SEO can help you make your website available and from time to time drastically improve the value of the estimated value of your site.